Posted: Mon, August 19, 2013 | By:
by Alex Lightman
1. Tax sugar from all sources by the same amount that it has been subsidized and apply these funds to create the equivalent of both Alcoholics Anonymous and Drug Detox facilities - to get people non-addicted to sugar. If we could get back to 1800 A.D. consumption of four pounds of sugar per capita annually, instead of 150 pounds, we would eliminate most Type II diabetes, which used to be called adult-onset diabetes until we sugar-bombed our children into becoming diabetics.
2. Eliminate fluoride in drinking water. It harms the brain. This is not scientifically controversial. Therefore, is it put in tap water now specifically to make Americans less intelligent? And therefore, easier to control?
3. Do what Dubai does with their weight loss incentive program (offer a gram of gold for each pound of weight lost) with four modifications:
1) this must be from fat,
2) there is a limit of 25 pounds,
3) you must end up at 20% body fat or less,
4) and you must be able to pass the Marine Corps fitness test for males age 17-26: 3 pull ups in a row, 50 crunches in two minutes, 28 minute 3 mile run.
Do you agree? Disagree? Have better ideas?
Please leave your comments below:
Alex Lightman is an author, entrepreneur, and futurist, and author of Brave New Unwired World: The Digital Big Ban and the Infinite Internet and Reconciliation: 78 Reasons to End the US Embargo of Cuba.