Sanitary Pads sent to Kyarumba - thanks to Southeast Wisconsin Secular She-Thinkers and Roger Hansen
Posted: Wed, August 10, 2016 | By: Mini-Projects
A box of sanitary maxi-pads was recently delivered to KSA, a secondary school in Kyarumba, western Uganda.
The pads were a gift from the Southeast Wisconsin Secular She-Thinkers (SWiSS), a humanist group that is allied with the Brighter Brains Institute in our efforts to expand rational thinking to Subsaharan Africa.
Special thanks for Molly Willms, the SWiSS member who arranged the donation.
The box was delivered by BBI Board Member Roger Hansen, who visits Uganda regularly, often with gifts from our contributors.
Sanitary pads are extremely valuable to girls in rural Uganda. The high cost of the pads often makes them inaccessible, forcing the girls to miss school, or drop out entirely.
Thanks you SwiSS! Thank you, Roger!
Roger Hansen also did multiple other chores for BBI while he was in the regions - additionally he:
1) delivered a cellphone for Nadeya Stella at Garama Secondary Humanist School
2) delivered $45 to Joseph Kasibirehe, who will deliver it to the Living Waters Clinic at St Thomas Nursery School
3) delivered camera equipment to Masereka Solomon at Kasese Humanist Primary School
4) delivered $105 to Bwambale Robert Musubaho at BiZoHa Orphanage, plus an additional $13 for AFRIpads.
5) delivered battery-powered tools and 220 VDC planer to the woodworking workshop of Mbusa Chrispus in Kyarumba.
6) constructed, with his family members, two 4-seat swing sets - one in Kyarumba and one at a school in the mountains. He also left materials to build a 3rd swing set higher in the mountains, that Chrispus will supervise.