Posted: Fri, December 09, 2016 | By: Mother Givers Humanist School
by Meredith Newman Debens
I did some research - concerning shipping cost delivery of books to Africa - using various web pages last night. I first checked out Amazon and the postage would have been $150. I nearly died of fright!
I quickly closed that page and went to Bookwitty. POSTAGE FREE.
Quick response and by this morning some of the order already on the way [to Mother Givers Humanist School in Buhanga]! Total cost US$125.
There are more books I will buy , in particular the stories of Anansi the spider.
Recommended books for African Children
- Two Ways to Count to Ten: A Liberian Folktale.
- The Water Princess.
- Mama Panya’s Pancakes: A Village Tale from Kenya.
- My Rows and Piles of Coins.
- Why the Sky is Far away: A Nigerian Folktale
- Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People’s Ears: A West African Tale
- Zomo the Rabbit: A Trickster Tale from West Africa
- Planting the Trees of Kenya: The Story of Wangari Maathai
- Roar: A Noisy Counting Book
- Wangari’s Trees of Peace : A True Story from Africa
- Mama Miti: Wangari Maathai and the Trees of Kenya