Posted: Mon, August 07, 2017 | By: Women’s Empowerment
UWFORD is local NGO in Kirembo village, Kagando ward, Kisinga town council, Kasese District, western Uganda. It was established early Feb. 2016. Women started the organization after looking at the marginalization and extreme poverty of the under-privileged women. Currently we have 15 members from the age of 25-60 yrs. KUWFORD Women are peasants, traders, teachers, tailors etc. Most of the women are married and have children and a few of them are widows with orphans.
KUWFORD have managed to work together due to their cooperation, unity and commitment to their programs and activities.
A fully empowered community of the women and vulnerable persons.
To promote empowerment of women, youth and children through capacity building, skill development for self reliance and information accessibility.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
· To promote, create, share and create awareness on human rights, education, environment, health and economic improvement.
· To initiate and promote income generating projects for the women and vulnerable person to support their economy.
· To help orphans, widows, youth, elderly and HIV/AIDS victims in the community.
· To engage members in savings and wise use of credit for their cooperatives.
· To promote environmental conservations thru tree nursery management.
· To network with community based organizations, NGOs, government and civil society organizations.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
ECONOMIC SUPPORT PROGRAMS.
2. Apiary project (Bee keeping)
3. Local poultry.
4. Savings and credit scheme.
5. Crop farming.
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM
1. Care for orphans, widows and disabled persons.
2. Adolescent reproductive health promotions.
3. HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention.
EDUCATION ACCESS PROGRAM.
1. Functional adult literacy.
2. Student support initiative programs.
We greatly thank Brighter Brains Institute for the love, support, and kind guidance given to Kirembo United Women for Development. We hope our relationship shall help us to achieve our vision.
Mrs. Mbambu Margret - chairperson, KUWFORD.