Posted: Tue, August 22, 2017 | By: Women’s Empowerment
I kindly report to Brighter Brains Instiute that I met with Kanungu Women’s Empowerment Centre yesterday on 21st August 2017.
I organised with them at Kanungu Humanist School where we had a second lecture in the morning and in the afternoon the money was handed over to the women in cash.
I taught them how to end domestic violence in their homes.
- Some of the points i talked about included;
- Calling the police if one sees or hears any evidence of domestic violence
- Helping their friends and neighbours find assistance be it legal or social
- Checking at their friends and neighbours regularly
- Making calls to friends if any act of violence happens especially to girls
I taught women the causes and effects of teenage pregnancy, drought and health of women
I taught them that if they invest well and make some incomes, it can help to end domestic violence because in most families domestic violence is caused by poverty.
I concluded by telling women to be proud of themselves and stand for their rights.
(left) Kanungu women receive Microloans from Brighter Brains Institute