Posted: Sun, June 25, 2017 | By: Humanism & Atheism
Ngabirwe Phiona is the Feminist-Humanist spokesperson for Humanist Global in western Uganda.
She is loved-and-admired as the Head Teacher at BiZoHa Orphanage Humanist School.
Her eloquence on women’s rights and humanism is inspired and needed in this nation where women are generally voiceless, oppressed by both African traditions and the imported misogyny of fundamentalist Christianity and Islam.
Ngabirwe Phiona will travel to remote villages (Nyakiyumbu Buhanga, Kanyenze) and a small town (Kisinga) to lecture to women’s groups on ways to achieve gender empowerment.
- women are denied leadership positions
- women are frequently the victims of domestic abuse
- girls are often forced into marriage
- girls often drop out of school at puberty because sanitary napkins aren’t available
- girls education isn’t valued; they must often stay home and “help Gramma”
- a Humanist Global survey of rural women revealed all were sexually molestated
- a survey of girls revealed all viewed their destiny as “we must cook for the men”
Your $30 donation to her provides salary, travel expenses, and educational supplies. Please donate here: https://www.humanistglobal.org/humanist-heros/1dqi1hzo57po0yl0z64pf9k9ylr7gy
All donors receive a Thank You note from Phiona and regular updates on her speeches and travel schedule.
USA donors receive a tax-deductible donation receipt from our non-profit sponsor, the Brighter Brights Institute.
NOTE: THIS CAMPAIGN IS FULLY-FUNDED - thanks for your generosity