Posted: Fri, December 11, 2015 | By: Nyakiyumbu Widows Orphanage Humanist School
by Bwambale Emanuel (Clinic in charge)
RE: SIMPLE REPORT ABOUT THE CLINIC AND LABORATORY
On the first note, I welcome the visitors from USA to Embrace Global Change Clinic and thank them for having reached safely at Nyakiyumbu and wishing them a safe stay at Nyakiyumbu for the few hours they will spend with us.
It’s therefore, at this moment that I take the honor to inform you that the community of Nyakiyumbu Widows’ Association is privileged for the change they have obtained from your interaction with them.
At this moment, I thank our friends and that is to say Hank Pellissier, Bibba Kavass and many other friends in the USA for all the support they are putting forward to have Embrace Global Change Clinic and Laboratory operate in Nyakiyumbu Widows’ Association.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND CHALLENGES For the months we have finished in operation, we have managed to have managed to record the following achievements and challenges to the Association and the beneficiaries as summarized below.
ACHIEVEMENTS and CHALLENGES
- Free medication to the widows (ers) and orphans in the orphanage school
- Health education. The members have got access to free health education which is helping them to forego some controllable diseases (preventable).
- Cost minimization. Because of the support that you our friends are putting in Nyakiyumbu, you are helping our members to safe the money which would otherwise be used to pay for the medication at other health centres. Thank you for protecting our people’s lives in that way.
The following challenges have been realized since its inception
For these few I have, I thank you once again for your continued support, cooperation and building relationship with us the community of Nyakiyumbu.
- Access to information. The clinic and the laboratory lack reference books and if provided, can ease the work the clinic and laboratory personnel and make it more flexible.
- Lack of good and enough machinery to operate both the clinic and the laboratory. If these are provided, better service delivery can be realized.
- Facilitation. Lack of enough and sustainable facilitation to keep me do the work to my best.
I remain yours
Bwambale Emanuel (Clinic in charge) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYAKIYUMBU WIDOWS ASSOCIATION, EMBRACE GLOBAL CHANGE CLINIC, P.O BOX 212, BWERA, KASESE-UGANDA