Posted: Sun, August 13, 2017 | By: Women
Our new project—the “BiZoHa Women’s Empowerment Center—will be headquartered at our newly-constructed BiZoHa Humanist Center.
The BiZoHa Women’s Empowerment Center will offer lectures on humanism and feminism, and it will provide sewing lessons, via a sewing teacher and three sewing machines that BBI has provided.
Funds were provided by the David Thompson Fund. The amount contributed provided only enough cash for the first four months; after that, we will launch a campaign to raise additional funds. Eventually the center’s goal is to be self-supporting.
BiZoHa Women’s Empowerment Centre is located in Muhokya, near Queen Elizabeth Park in western Uganda.
Eighteen of the twenty-five members are teachers at BiZoHa Orphanage School, and Kahendero School—the others are farmers and business women.
- Ngabirwe Phiona (Director), 27 years old - Head Teacher
- Nyangona Justine,18 years - Peasant.
- Musoki Rosset, 20 years - Teacher.
- Nambuusi Juliet, 24 years - Teacher.
- Biira Mary, 22 years - Teacher.
- Musiimenta Grace, 27 years - Peasant.
- Nakarema Madiina,19 years - Waitress.
- Nasazi Kanifah, 50 years - Cook.
- Masika Scovia, 32 years - Peasant.
- Kiwunde Milly, 16 years - None.
- Nanyonga Phiona, 18 years - Hair dresser.
- Mbambu Lydia, 23 years - Teacher.
- Kabugho Sumaya, 22 years - Teacher.
- Kansiime Margret, 21 years - Teacher.
- $1,000 - for rental space, sewing machines, sewing teacher salary, director salary
- $690 - goats
- $195 - AFRIpads
- $106 - AFRIpads
- $50 - fabric for sewing
- $50 - condoms